Wednesday, October 14, 2009

If I turn my back and walk away, who is going to do this work?

"My name is Samuel Kofi Woods. I am from Liberia.  You walk into the corridor of death and you know this moment might be your last. I went through this. But when a nation is so consumed in evil, it's difficult to see alternatives, unless people of conviction stand up.  Even if you know this moment might be your last.  If we don't do this, who will?"
-- FIRST VOICE in the play Speak Truth to Power: Voices from Beyond the Dark adapted by Ariel Dorfman from the book by Kerry Kennedy.  Image of Human Rights Defender Samuel Kofi Woods taken by Eddie Adams.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your show this weekend! It looks like it will be truly inspiring and amazing. Dana has told our class about all the work that has gone into this production. I wish I could make it but unfortunately I have a family commitment this weekend :( Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This preview is so deep, I wish I could have attended. I hope you had great success with this Dana!

    ReplyDelete